How to install VR Sync on Oculus GO or Gear VR using a redeem code
In this article we’ll cover how to install VR Sync for the Oculus GO / Gear VR using a redeem code in 5 easy steps. First we’ll cover the basics of connecting your device to your account. Then we’ll go into obtaining and using your redeem code. Lastly the installation process will be covered after which your VR device is ready. The whole process will take around 7 minutes.
Step 1. Installing and pairing your device
It’s important that you have an Oculus account and installed the Oculus app on your smartphone. You can use this application to set up your headset and account. You can download the app for Android and iPhone. Follow the on-screen instructions to to connect your phone to your headset and your headset to your WiFi network.
Step 2. Get your redeem code
The VR Sync app can not be found in the Oculus Store so you need a so called redeem code to install it. This code can be requested on the VR Sync Dashboard. Go to Downloads page and click the Oculus GO or Gear VR icon at the top of the screen. A pop up will open with some quick install notes as well as button to request your redeem code will appear with the following format:
Step 3. Enter your redeem code
Using your Oculus account you can redeem the code through the Oculus website, the Oculus Companion app (Android*) or the Oculus App for Samsung Gear VR.
On the Oculus Website:
- Go to the code redemption page in your web browser:
- If prompted, log into your Oculus account.
- Under Redeem Code, enter your promo code.
- Click Redeem.
On the Oculus Companion app on Android:
- Open the Oculus app on your Android phone.
- Tap Settings in the bottom menu.
- Under Payment tap Redeem Code.
- Enter your promo code and tap Submit.
On the Oculus App for Samsung Gear VR:
- Open the Oculus app on your phone.
- Tap More in the bottom right corner
- Tap Redeem Code.
- Enter your code and then tap Submit.
* Note: At the moment Redeem codes can not be used on the Oculus iOs app. If you use an iPhone redeem your code here.
Step 4. Installing VR Sync on your device
After successfully redeeming your code it is time to install VR Sync on your VR device.
- Put on your VR headset and go to the library in the Oculus Menu.
- Go to Not Installed in the library.
- Select the VR Sync app to install the app.
- After installation go to My Apps in the Library and select the VR Sync app
Note: You only need to enter your redeem code once to add VR Sync to your Oculus account. It can always be found on other devices under ‘not installed’
Step 5. Starting VR Sync
- Go to the My apps part in the library of the Oculus Menu.
- Open the VR Sync app
- Enter your unique PIN, found on the dashboard
If you have any further question, please contact VR Sync support at email@example.com.